Willkommen bei Network & Security     remoteshell-security.com
Partnerseiten
login.php?sid=3c9e1df48b71624e2ab18dd20165ed1e profile.php?mode=register&sid=3c9e1df48b71624e2ab18dd20165ed1e faq.php?sid=3c9e1df48b71624e2ab18dd20165ed1e memberlist.php?sid=3c9e1df48b71624e2ab18dd20165ed1e search.php?sid=3c9e1df48b71624e2ab18dd20165ed1e index.php?sid=3c9e1df48b71624e2ab18dd20165ed1e

Foren-Übersicht » Internetprogrammierung » to centre on a 2-1 fastball with two out in t
Neues Thema eröffnen  Neue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen 
to centre on a 2-1 fastball with two out in t
BeitragVerfasst am: 22.01.2018 08:38 Antworten mit Zitat
lw789

PHILADELPHIA -- Lewis Katz, a self-made man who built his fortune in New York parking lots, billboards and cable TV, and went on to buy the NBAs New Jersey Nets, NHLs New Jersey Devils and The Philadelphia Inquirer, died in a weekend plane crash. He was 72. Katz died Saturday night in a Massachusetts crash that claimed six other lives. His death was confirmed Sunday by his son, Drew, and his business partner Harold H.F. "Gerry" Lenfest. Katz grew up in working-class Camden, New Jersey, and worked as a lawyer before earning hundreds of millions of dollars investing in the Kinney Parking empire and the Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network in New York. He went on to become a major philanthropist in the Philadelphia region. "Youve got to make money in the world that we live in, in order to accomplish what your ultimate goal is. But along with making money, equally important is preserving, for the community, a community trust," Katz testified at an April hearing on the Inquirers sale. "Thats what this paper represents." Tributes poured in from prominent figures in sports, media, politics, business and education, reflecting the wide range of his interests and charitable endeavours. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver called him "a visionary"; the Yankees held a moment of silence before Sundays game. Temple University recalled his recent advice to graduates to "have as much fun as you can conjure up." "He was a visionary businessman who touched the lives of so many with his tireless pursuit of innovation and enterprise, as well as his deep commitment to his family, friends and community," Silver said in a statement. NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman in a statement called Katz a man of "tremendous influence" and sent condolences to Katzs family and "the many organizations that benefited from his philanthropy." Katz, in his April testimony, said he had lost money on both the Nets and Devils, but made it big through the 2012 sale of the sports cable network. "We lost our shirt in the Devils and the Nets," he testified. "But for the YES network, Id be back in my law office in Cherry Hill, waiting for the clients to come in again." He hoped to be a hands-off owner of the Inquirer, where his longtime companion, Nancy Phillips, was the city editor. "Im spending, hopefully, a lot more time with my grandchildren and Ive opened a school in Camden for approximately 300 children," he testified. "Im not active in business, anymore." Katz had agreed to invest $16 million for a 26 per cent stake in the Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News in 2012 at the behest of former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, who wanted to return the newspapers to local ownership after a bankruptcy that left them in the hands of New York hedge funds. But a feud with rival investor George Norcross, an equally powerful business leader, over the direction of the news business forced him to be more a more active owner. Katz filed suit last year to stop Norcross from firing Pulitzer Prize-winning editor Bill Marimow. He succeeded, then joined Lenfest in bidding $88 million to buy out Norcross and his allies at an auction Tuesday. "He was very creative, as a person and as a business partner," Lenfest said. "He thought beyond the edge. He had wonderful, creative ideas." The sale had been set to close June 12, but will now be delayed for 30 days to give Katzs family time to get the estate in order, Lenfest said. "Well lose his expertise, but the paper will continue because we both intended to put a new CEO in charge of the day-to-day operations," Lenfest said. Drew Katz will take his fathers seat on the board of directors, Lenfest said. "My father was my best friend. He taught me everything," Drew Katz, who was often seen at his fathers side at business events, said in a statement on behalf of him and his sister. "He never forgot where and how he grew up, and he worked tirelessly to support his community in countless ways that were seen and unseen." Katz had recently given $25 million to Temple University for its medical school, and had previously given $15 million to another alma mater, Dickinson Law School, where he had graduated first in his class. He also supported the Boys & Girls Clubs in Camden, along with many Jewish charities. Katz recently helped fund a charter school in impoverished Camden. "There are so many organizations that he endowed, many anonymously," Marimow said Sunday. Marimow described Katz as a brilliant man and generous philanthropist who developed a love for journalism from a college stint working for the syndicated columnist Drew Pearson. "That really inspired an appreciation and a love for journalism that lasted his whole life," Marimow said. His wife, Marjorie, died in December. His survivors include his son, daughter Melissa, and several grandchildren. Katz, a classmate of Bill Cosby in Temples 1963 graduating class, had spoken at the schools commencement last month, and received an honorary doctorate. "Life in my view is meant to be enjoyed," he told the graduates. "Its meant to have as much fun as you can conjure up" Jaycob Megna Jersey . Still, Encarnacion felt a sense of relief. He felt a pop just before crumpling to the ground after running out a groundball in the first inning of Saturdays game. It could have been worse. “Its going to take maybe two weeks,” said Encarnacion. “It depends how Im going to be and how Im going to be day after day, feeling better or not. Kevin Bieksa Jersey . Weise left the arena with a splint on his wrist and underwent tests to determine whether the tendon is torn. Winger Travis Moen will also miss some time after suffering a concussion in Mondays contest. http://www.officialduckshockeyauthentic.com/scott-niedermayer-jersey/. - The Mavericks built a 12-point lead with 2:50 to play, gave away all but two points of it, and still managed to hang on. Ryan Getzlaf Jersey .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins will try to complete a sweep of the Washington Capitals when the clubs cap a quick home-and-home series Tuesday night in the Steel City. Corey Perry Jersey . After rookie right-hander Alex Colome excelled in a 5-2 victory in the opener, the Rays fell to Chris Tillman and the Orioles 4-1 on Friday night.TORONTO -- Jose Bautista had a game to remember. The Toronto Blue Jays right-fielder had his 15th homer of the season, hit into a triple play, threw a runner out at home and was interfered with by a fan as he tried to catch a foul ball in the ninth that resulted in an out after a video review. To top it off, the Blue Jays defeated the St. Louis Cardinals 3-1 for their sixth win in a row on Friday. "I think its got to be the most eventful game Ive had in my career," said Bautista, who also extended his hit streak to 12 games. "Id like to see if anyone can find somebody else with that combination of plays." Right-hander Marcus Stroman pitched into the seventh inning in his second major-league start, both of them wins. He walked off to a standing ovation. "Its pretty special," Stroman said. "I tried to do my best tough guy impersonation and tried not to smile. But it was definitely pretty special walking off." Bautista lined into a triple play in the sixth inning, the seventh time a triple play had beeen turned by a Blue Jays opponent. It was the first triple play against Toronto since May 12, 2008, in the second game of a doubleheader at Cleveland. "Its the first time its happened to me," Bautista said. Stroman (3-0) held the Cardinals to one run on seven hits, two walks and a hit batter while striking out seven. He was lifted after a leadoff single in the seventh by Tony Cruz. Casey Janssen pitched the ninth inning for his 11th save of the season. Janssens second out came as a result of fan interference when Bautista tried to catch a foul ball hit by Cruz. The play was reviewed and Cruz was called out. "I just felt that somebody stuck a glove right in my face," Bautista said, "And I felt there was some contact there that prevented me from making the play. Obviously (the fan) was caught up in the emotion, just like everybody else. The ball is coming to him, he wants a ball hit by a major-leaguer at a major-league baseball game. Hes not thinking about the play the way I am so you cant blame him for it. But again it doesnt matter they reviewed it and made the right call." Right-hander Lance Lynn (6-4) took the loss, allowing six hits -- including two home runs -- and four walks while striking out six in five innings. The Cardinals (31-31) scored a run in the first. Matt Carpenter led off with a walk and took third on Matt Hollidays ground-rule double to right. Allen Craig singled to right to score Carpenter but Holliday was thrown out at home by Bautista. "I think its always a good play when you can throw anybody out and prevent a run." Bautista said. "Whether (Stroman) needed that at that moment in the game thats more for him to answer, not me. I think he still would have pitched a pretty good game. "The ball was hit to me at the right rate of speed. And I had a chance to throw him out. Dioner (Navarro) made a play terrific play, a fine play because my throw wasnt as good as it could have been and he still managed to catch the balll as it was going toward the runner and stay away from the running lane that they now have to give and still tag him out.ddddddddddddSo that was a pretty good play." Second baseman Brett Lawrie followed it up with a fine play on Yadier Molinas grounder to end the inning. "That is just huge momentum and puts you back into your groove and kind of lets you know your guys are behind you." Stroman said. "Right out of the gate he struggled a little bit but then he started using all his pitches," manager John Gibbons said. "He was primarily pumping the fastballs in there and when he started using his breaking ball, his change-up a little bit, it made all the difference in the world." St. Louis manager Mike Matheny acknowledged that Stroman kept the Cardinals hitters on their heels. "He kept us off balance," said Mike Matheny. "He had good life on his fastball. We saw a lot of swings and misses, probably more swings and misses than what we saw on any kind of video we had on him, with his breaking ball. I thought his breaking ball was more of a weapon today than what wed seen in the past." The Blue Jays (38-24) left the bases loaded in the bottom of the first and stranded two in the second. But they tied it 1-1 in the third when Bautista led off with a homer, a high drive to left on a 2-1 fastball. Lawrie lined his 11th homer of the season to centre on a 2-1 fastball with two out in the fifth to give the Blue Jays a 2-1 lead. Bautista hit into a triple play in the sixth inning on a liner to second baseman Descalso. The Blue Jays loaded the bases against right-handed reliever Seth Maness with singles from Anthony Gose and Jose Reyes and Carpenters error on a grounder to third by Melky Cabrera. Bautista lined a 2-0 sinker to Descalso who threw to shortstop Jhonny Peralta who caught Reyes off second. Peralta then threw to Craig who stepped on first before Cabrera could return to the base. "I did everything I could," Bautista said. "I laid off two bad pitches, swung at the one in the zone, hit it hard and it went right at somebody." The Blue Jays scored a run in the eighth. Lawrie and Navarro singled against right-hander Jason Motte to put runners at first and third. Reyes singled to right to cash in Lawrie and send pinch-runner Kevin Pillar to third. NOTES: The 25th anniversary of the first baseball game at Rogers Centre, formerly SkyDome, was celebrated on Friday with former Toronto pitcher Jimmy Key throwing out the ceremonial first pitch to his one-time catcher Ernie Whitt. They formed the Blue Jays battery in the first at SkyDome on June 5, 1989, a 5-3 loss to the Milwaukee Brewers. a Cito Gaston, who managed the Blue Jays in that game, took the lineup card to the umpires before the game. a The interleague series continues Saturday with left-hander Mark Buehrle (10-1, 2.10 earned-run average) starting for Toronto against right-hander Shelby Miller (6-5, 4.06 ERA) going for the Cardinals. a Attendance was 33,528. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
to centre on a 2-1 fastball with two out in t
Foren-Übersicht » Internetprogrammierung
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde  
Seite 1 von 1  

Neues Thema eröffnen  Neue Antwort erstellen  

Forensicherheit